Interested in the Daily?

Employment Resources:

News & Information

Featured

Why the Daily Was The Right Choice For Me

Q&A - Marketing and PR Team Edition The business division of The Minnesota Daily provides students with professional experience within account planning, digital media management, marketing, sales, public relations, and leadership. This division strives to give...

Hard and soft skills employers are looking for, and how to apply them while job searching

Employers today are looking for a wide variety of skills within their applicants. With that, landing a job has become increasingly difficult for young adults. To help with the job-search process, it’s beneficial to think about how your past experiences have helped you...

Simple Things You Can Do to Make Your Resume Stand Out

A good resume can be the difference between getting the job of your dreams and not getting a job at all. To get a job, you need to have a good interview, but to get an interview, you need to have a good resume. Your resume should speak to who you are and why you would...

Strategies for Coping with Interview Anxiety

You’ve applied, submitted your resume, and heard back from the company. The one thing standing between you and the job is the interview. When the time comes to sit before the interviewer and answer their questions, as a wave of interview anxiety hits you, you begin to...

Searching For a Job While in School

As an unemployed college student, you may be thinking to yourself, “how do people find jobs so easy? I don’t even know where to start looking!” It is easy to get overwhelmed or frustrated when searching for jobs or internships, especially when your close friends and...

The Intangible Benefits of Having a Job While in College

For many individuals, working throughout college is a necessity rather than a choice. Although scholarships and financial aid help to diminish the burden of student loans, it can still be tough for students to pay their monthly bills while still having some extra...

Researching a Company Before an Interview: How to Do It and Why You Should

I'm sure you've heard it before- "make sure you research a company before your interview!" However, all that is provided to you is a vague explanation of why you should do it followed by inexplicit ways to gather information. Researching a company in-depth is a...

6 Things You Should Know About a Company Before a Job Interview

When going in for a job interview, being prepared for situational, behavioral, and skill-based questions is essential. But perhaps you are asked "what do you know about us?" or, "what about us made you interested in being part of our company?" The ability to answer...

Five steps to perfect your elevator pitch to employers

Introducing yourself to an employer can be intimidating. A common way to make a good first impression is to use the elevator pitch. This simple and effective strategy is a basic summary of who you are and what your background experience is. This mechanism is called...

Tips for students applying for jobs when they don’t have a lot of professional experience

As important as it is for students to gain work experience in their field of study while they’re still in school, employers will ask for certain requirements to be met regarding background knowledge, professional history, and education. Consequently, this can...

At the Daily

Work Experience

Contact Information

Minnesota Daily  |  2221 University Ave. SE  |  Suite 450  Minneapolis, MN 55414  |  (612) 435 - 1563  |  hr@mndailymedia.org